B.A.S.W. Plans of Study
The Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (B.A.S.W.) major at Fordham is a 33-credit program. All students are expected to complete the major in two years.
The major consists of:
- Eight required classes taken in sequence.
- A year-long, 600-hour Fieldwork Practicum and an Integrative Seminar integrating classroom knowledge with your experiences in the field.
The coursework is spread across four semesters so you can:
- Start Semester 1 in fall or spring.
- Start Semester 2 in summer or fall.
Fieldwork takes place in the second year. The 600-hour course consists of:
- 570-hour practicum in generalist social work practice in an agency setting. (You can work either 21 or 14 hours per week.)
- 30 hours of the Integrative Seminar that meets every other week.