M.S.W./M.P.H.: Social Work and Public Health
Applications for the Graduate School of Social Services are accepted on a rolling basis, however, priority applications will be reviewed if submitted by:
- Fall (September start): February 1
- Spring (January start): November 1
We will continue to accept applications on a space-available basis after the above dates. However, applications submitted after the deadlines will not be given priority consideration for scholarship awards, All admission decisions will be emailed to applicants within four (4) weeks from the time an application becomes complete.
- Grade Point Average: 3.0
- Official Transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts may be uploaded to the application; if you are accepted an official transcript must be sent to the Office of Admission prior to registration for classes
- One letter of Recommendation from an Academic or Professional Source
- Personal Statement
- International Students may need proof of English Language Proficiency
- TOEFL or IELTS
Find more information about the Fordham GSS Application Process.
Tuition and Fees
The tuition and fees for this program depends on the amount of credits you decide to take each term.
- The cost per credit at Fordham GSS is currently $963 per credit for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The cost per credit at Mount Sinai School of Medicine is currently $1350 per credit for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Both universities offer merit-based scholarships and opportunities for work study and research assistant positions. We highly encourage you discuss these opportunities with one of the directors for an understanding of how we can assist your time here.
Plans of Study/Program Tracks
This collaborative program with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (ISMMS) enables you to tailor your dual degree, combing one of the Fordham MSW concentrations with one of ISMMS’ eight Master of Public Health (MPH) degree tracks.
- General Public Health
- Global Health
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Health Care Management
- Outcomes Research
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Career Opportunities for M..S.W./M.P.H. degree students:
- Health Educator
- Health Promotion Program Coordinator
- Director, Family Health Services
- Communications Director, Health agency
- Social Marketer, Health agency
- University Administrator, MPH program
- Director, Office of Minority Health
- President and CEO, Agency on Aging
- Mental Health Researcher
- Social Work Director in hospital
- Health Advocacy Director
- Health Legislative Assistant
- Public Health Lobbyist
- Program Evaluator
- Grant Writer
- Program Officers
- Director of a Professional Association
- Health Commissioner
- Technical Advisor, Global Health
- International Programs Managers
- NGO Founder/Director
- Urban Planner
- Hospital Administrator
Find more information at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Public Health.