To register for the LMSW examination in the state of New York:
Send the completed Form 2 to:
Fordham University Enrollment Group
113 West 60th Street, Room 215
New York, NY 10023
The Registrar will verify your graduation date and send it directly to Albany. An official transcript is not needed, and there is no fee for this.
- New York State LMSW License Requirements.
- Complete the Mandated Reporter Training Course online. This 2-hour web-based online training course can be completed at any time, 24/7. Users have 30 days to complete the course. Progress is saved at the end of each section, so you can complete it at your own pace. *Note: This is only a requirement for New York licensure.
- Complete Form 1: Application for Licensure and First Registration.
- Once you have graduated from the MSW program, complete Form 2: Certification of Professional Education.
- Once the Office of the Professions has your application, fee and verification of graduation, they will send you a letter of approval to take the exam.
- Before you schedule your LMSW examination date, review the instructions in the Association of Social Work Boards' Examination Candidate Handbook. The LMSW exam you must take is the Masters Exam. Register for it online at the Association of Social Work Boards' registration page.
Eligibility requirements for New Jersey state social work licensing.
Information on becoming a licensed social worker in the State of Connecticut.