M.S.W./J.D.: Social Work and Law

Fordham gss banner joint msw jd

The M.S.W./Juris Doctor (J.D.) dual degree with Fordham University School of Law prepares you to advocate for your clients’ needs as a social worker or in the legal field. To pursue this dual degree, you must apply and be admitted to both the M.S.W. degree program at the Graduate School of Social Service and the J.D. program at the School of Law.


  • Teaching in a university
  • Lawyer
  • Social worker
  • Governmental agency