Online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) Application Requirements
In order to be considered for admission to the online Master of Science in Teaching (M.S.T.) program, applicants must submit the following:
- Online application;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (C.V.);
- A personal essay. Please address the following prompts.
- Describe the personal attributes and characteristics that you believe will allow you to work effectively with students, their families, and communities.
- Describe past experiences that have led you to a teaching career (include personal and academic challenges and/or successes).
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- $70 application fee
- Transcripts. When you apply, you must submit official transcripts* for all undergraduate and graduate level coursework taken. Transcripts can be sent electronically to [email protected] or by mail to the following address:
113 West 60th Street
New York, NY 10023
*Please note: To be considered an official transcript, the transcript must be sent directly from your institution(s) or through an electronic transcript vendor retained by that institution. Transcripts submitted by enrolled or prospective students are considered unofficial documents.
For International Applicants
- We accept WES evaluations or any NACES transcript evaluating service.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores are required for international applicants. This requirement will be waived if:
- the applicant’s native language is English;
- the applicant completed his or her undergraduate or graduate degree in the U.S.; or
- the applicant completed the degree outside of the U.S., but English was the primary language of instruction.