GSE Standardized Test Requirements
Applicants will not be required to submit standardized test scores with their application. If you have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test more than once, please list all individual test scores that you received. Your scores should be listed in chronological order, with the most recent test date listed first. Scores may not be older than five years.
- GRE School Code: 2252
- MAT School Code: 1453
Teacher Education Programs
- Masters and Advanced Certificate Programs: GRE General Test or MAT not required
- Ph.D. in Innovation in Curriculum and Instruction: GRE General Test or MAT (Optional)
Educational Leadership Programs
- Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision: GRE General Test or MAT (Optional)
- Ph.D. in Administration and Supervision: GRE General Test or MAT (Optional)
- Masters and Advanced Certificate Programs: GRE General Test or significantly equivalent examination (Optional)
Psychological and Educational Services Programs
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology: GRE General Test (Optional)
- Ph.D. in School Psychology: GRE General Test (Optional)
Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research Programs
- Ph.D. in Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research: GRE General Test (Optional)
Please Note: Admission to the CLAIR program for the Fall 2023 semester has been suspended.
Native English speakers from countries where English is an official language are exempt from this requirement. International students who have successfully completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher learning either in the United States or in a country where English is the official language within the past five years are typically exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
- Graduate School of Education TOEFL Code: 2252