The Center for Educational Partnerships at GSE
We are, first and foremost, a group of scholars and practitioners who are committed to applying cutting-edge research. We are dedicated to applying that research in the service of K-12 teachers, administrators, students, and parents, as well as to sharing it with education and government agencies that enable all children to achieve and succeed academically.
Under the direction of Anita Vazquez Batisti, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Partnerships, we have grown rapidly, forging partnerships with the New York City schools and the New York State Department of Education. The center has myriad grant projects that total millions of dollars and a staff of over a dozen people.
A particular focus of the center’s projects is urban education, with the goal of bringing critical resources and expertise to bear on services to those student populations most at-risk of academic failure.
The Center for Educational Partnerships is a great step forward for the Graduate School of Education, which is and always has been a service school and a partner school. This is what Fordham is about, teaching teachers and helping them set hearts on fire in their students, so that a greater city and a greater nation can be built.
- Joseph M. McShane, SJ
President of Fordham
Anita Vazquez Batisti, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Educational Partnerships
Dr. Anita Vazquez-Batisti is the Associate Dean for Educational Partnerships and the Executive Director of the Center for Educational Partnerships.
During the course of her career, Dr. Batisti has served as an administrator, educator and development specialist for New York City Community School Districts, the New York City Department of Education, Fordham University, Pace University, New York University, The United States Department of Education, The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and various not-for-profit organizations.
She is an experienced, knowledgeable administrator and fundraiser who understands the complexities and subtleties of the New York City school system, related service providers, and empowered networks. She has raised over $280 million from public and private sources.
Dr. Batisti is the founding Director of the Center for Educational Partnerships, which serves over 700 schools, 1,000 K-12 teachers, 100 administrators, and 60,000 students in New York State.
- Serves NYC Region
- Provides targeted assistance to schools and advances the community school model regionally
- serves PS 85X and MS 331X
- partners to implement the community school strategy
- serves NYC and Long Island regions
- provides workshops and direct funding
- serving metropolitan area and beyond
- provides through contracts with schools and districts
- serves 8 schools per year over 3 years (24 total) in the Bronx with 16 workshops each
- partners with Bronx Executive Superintendent and Borough School Safety to build capacity to prevent violence
- serves NYC Region all public, non-public, and charter schools (~2600) and over 159k English Learners
- provides targeted assistance to schools and regional professional development workshops
For Religious and Independent Schools
- serves 850 schools in the NYC Region in-person and statewide online
- provides professional development workshops, institutes, and conferences