A limited amount of aid is available for persons employed as full-time professionals in Catholic or other religiously affiliated nonpublic schools. Scholarships cover 40-50% of tuition charges up to six credits per semester (unless cohort program otherwise allows) for students in Masters, Advanced Certificate programs and the Ph.D. in Church Leadership program.
Students are responsible for meeting all eligibility criteria and reviewing scholarship details. Download scholarship application.
Candidates must be full-time employees of a Catholic or faith-based (religiously affiliated) nonpublic schools who are pursuing degrees and/or certificates at the Fordham University Graduate School of Education.
- The scholarships covers 40% or 50% of tuition charges - and only tuition charges - and a maximum of six credits per semester.
- The scholarship excludes the following:
- Courses offered by Fordham University, but not specifically by the Graduate School of Education.
- Courses taken as a non-matriculated or non-degree student.
- Zero credit courses
- Maintenance of Matriculation
- Fee Residency Seminar
- Dissertation Seminar
- Doctoral Mentoring
- The scholarship may not be combined with other forms of Graduate School of Education aid (e.g. other scholarships or graduate assistantships).
- Students must be registered for classes before submitting the Scholarship Form.
- The scholarship cannot be processed if there is a hold on a student's account.
How to Apply
- Students (and their principal/supervisor) must complete the Scholarship Form in its entirety in order for it to be processed in a timely manner.
- Along with the Scholarship Form, students must submit, at the beginning of their contract year, a letter from their employer on official stationery stating that they are a current, full-time employee. Students must complete and submit the Scholarship Form every semester that they register, and the employer letter at the beginning of each school year (i.e. fall semester).
- The Scholarship Form may be mailed, faxed, emailed in an attached document, or hand-delivered to the Center for Catholic Leadership and Faith-Based Education.
- Deadline: Please be sure to check with the center for the deadline to submit the Scholarship Application and the employer letter each semester.
- Make copies of your Scholarship Form submissions for your own files.
- Pay your portion of your tuition bill in a timely manner even if your scholarship award has not yet been posted to your account.
Download the Scholarship Application.