GSAS Online Dissertation Submission - ProQuest/UMI
Procedures for the Presentation of the Dissertation to the Dean
- After oral defense, make any changes in the dissertation that were identified during the defense. Make sure that the changes conform to the formatting guidelines for dissertations and then secure approval of those changes from your mentor and committee.
- Upload your dissertation to ProQuest/UMI.
- Submit your dissertation in the proper format.
- Continue through the online submission process until completed.
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Click on Submit my dissertation/thesis
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED).
- When you have successfully completed the SED, both you and GSAS will receive a confirmation.
- Submit all paperwork required to GSAS Office of Academic Programs and Support at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline on the GSAS Academic Calendar.
- The survey and the paperwork will be reviewed in absentia. No appointment is necessary.
- However, you are invited and encouraged to submit your paperwork during designated time blocks, when the Dean will be available to answer any questions, chat with you, and congratulate you! If you would like to meet with the Dean but cannot be available during these designated times, you may request a phone call or separate meeting time. Also, if you wish to meet with the Dean, you do not need to do so by the deadline on the GSAS Academic Calendar, as long as your paperwork is completed by then. Please contact email@example.com for more information.