SSG Eligibility and Requirements
All students matriculated in a GSAS degree program; who are in good academic standing (please refer to §7.4.1 and §7.4.2 in the GSAS Academic Policies and Procedures Guidebook for details); and who have paid their GSC student fees are eligible to apply. Early Admissions students are not eligible for the SSG awards.
Students may apply for support during either funding cycle (fall, spring); however, priority will be given to applicants who have not received support in the immediate past funding cycle.
Completed applications will include:
- feasible project or activity objectives, clearly stated in the narrative, that articulate a clear connection between the proposed activity and the outcomes expected regarding the student’s academic or professional development
- an appropriate Budget Proposal and Justification, with unusual or non-traditional expenses explained in the narrative
- an updated resume or curriculum vitae
- Students should include the name of a Fordham faculty member who the Committee can contact if there are any clarifying questions that arise regarding the proposal
SSG funding recipients agree to:
- fulfill all award requirements, within the confines of the approved and funded project proposal
- submit accurate and complete reimbursement documentation in a timely fashion
- be willing to serve as a future SSG Selection Committee member
Please note: Written requests to alter a funded project will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All requests for grant extensions or budget changes must be submitted for approval in advance via email to [email protected]. All requests for project changes must include an updated Budget Proposal and Justification.