GSAS Ph.D. Dissertation
For updated policy changes for remote learning please consult the Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines.
- After oral defense, make any changes to the dissertation that were identified during the defense. Make sure that the changes conform to the formatting guidelines for dissertations and then secure approval of those changes from your mentor and committee.
- Upload your dissertation to ProQuest/UMI:
- Click on "Submit my dissertation/thesis"
- Follow the instructions to create an account.
- Continue through the online submission process until completed.
- Submit your dissertation with the proper format.
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences will automatically receive an electric confirmation once your dissertation has been uploaded to ProQuest/UMI and we will then review your submission.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (SED):
- When you have successfully completed the SED, you will receive a confirmation. For more information about the Survey of Earned Doctorates, please see the SED and the SED Student Brochure.
- GSAS will automatically receive a copy of your submitted SED for graduation clearance.
- Submit all paperwork required to the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Office of Academic Operations and Support by emailing the paperwork in PDF format to [email protected] by the deadline on the GSAS Academic Calendar.
- The survey and the paperwork will be reviewed in absentia. No appointment is necessary.
- However, you are invited and encouraged to submit your paperwork during designated time blocks, when the Dean will be available to answer any questions, chat with you, and congratulate you! If you would like to meet with the Dean but cannot be available during these designated times, you may request a phone call or separate meeting time. Please contact [email protected] for more information.