Inspired by cura personalis “care for the whole person” Fordham GSAS uses the holistic 8 Dimensions of Wellness for graduate student well-being.
Our physical state may be the first thing that comes to mind in terms of wellness. A safe place to live, regular physical activity, a healthy diet, and sufficient sleep are necessary to meet the demands of grad school. Fordham GSAS offers:
- Access to Fordham University Health Services, which provides a host of healthcare services including primary care, physical examinations, nutrition counseling, and more.
- Emergency Medical Services at Fordham University which is equipped and ready to provide immediate emergency medical care to the Rose Hill community.
- Free access to Ram Fit Center which is located in the basement of McGinley. Make a reservation when you want to go.
- Graduate Student Housing off campus with security.
- The GSC Housing List for graduate students to find roommates/apartments. To view the list, send an email to email@example.com.
Mental and Emotional
Graduate school has its rewards and stressors and Fordham GSAS wants to ensure you are able to develop healthy strategies for stress-management and resilience to work towards mental balance. Fordham GSAS offers:
- Counseling and Psychological Services to promote and support students’ mental, psychological and emotional health and well-being. CPS offers professional counseling/ therapy sessions by appointment as well as graduate student support groups.
- Recordings of past GSAS Wellness events
- Wellness week activities
- Three Minute Thesis Competition to help hone academic, presentation, and research communication skills.
- Free subscription to The New York Times.
Fordham GSAS is committed to helping alleviate students' financial stress by providing them with the tools, guidance, and resources they need to develop sustainable financial well-being.Fordham GSAS offers:
- Stipend and Scholarships
- GSAS Fellowships
- Office of Prestigious Fellowships to connect students with opportunities to further their intellectual and personal growth.
- GSAS Graduate Student Support Grant
- Federal Financial Support Guide and GSAS Financial Eligibility Resource
- Financial Aid recipient resources
- Campus Ministry which accompanies students of all spiritual backgrounds in their own personal growth.
- Center on Religion and Culture where students can engage in dialogue about faith and contemporary life.
Fordham GSAS is committed to developing a culture of mentorship and connecting students with professional development programs. Our mission is to ensure that graduate students possess the skills and knowledge that will allow them to leverage their vocational training and academic experience in a professional setting. Fordham GSAS offers:
- GSAS Futures to promote career pathway preparation for our students across the arts and sciences.
- Preparing Future Faculty (PFF) program to cultivate the necessary skills for students to successfully navigate the different stages of their academic career.
- Career Center to support students during their career exploration and job application process.
- Professional development programs to enhance the academic experiences at GSAS.
- Multi-campus university: Rose Hill campus has 85 acres featuring Gothic architecture and tree-lined walkways and the Lincoln Center Campus which is in the heart of NYC.
- The Ram Van provides safe and convenient transportation between the two campuses.
- Proximity to New York City which is just a short walk or subway ride away. Visit the New York City Cultural Venues page to explore free or discounted access to cultural venues.
- Easy access to the New York Botanical Gardens which is across from the Rose Hill Campus and is free to all Fordham students.
- A greenspace map with all of the Rose Hill campus outdoor seatings accompanied by a table.
For questions about this initiative, please contact Faaria Fasih-Ahmad at firstname.lastname@example.org.