The Division of Student Affairs and The Parents Fund are pleased to bring you this free subscription.
Along with 24/7 breaking news, the program includes:
- Access via your browser as well as the New York Times App for multiple mobile devices
- "Times Machine" Archives Dating Back to 1851 timesmachine.nytimes.com/browser
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality - found in the App; NYT stories told through enhanced technology
- Daily 360 content - two dimensional, 360° views (with mobile device or using a mouse)
- New York Times Podcasts (including The "Daily" podcast)
- All multimedia, including video, photography, VR features, and new multimedia to come
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Spanish and Mandarin Chinese versions of NYTimes.com
For the Classroom: The New York Times in Education
The program also includes access to our education resource website, nytimes.com/edu which provides the following features:
- Discipline-specific areas of study
- Classroom discussion prompts
- Suggested learning outcomes
- General Instructional Strategies to promote student achievement
- Co-Curricular Activities, including events, discussions, and contests
To register for your free account, see the registration processes below or view this video walkthrough.
NOTE: the free New York Times NEWS suscription does not include access to special COOKING, GAMES, WIRECUTTER, and THE ATHLETIC services.
Need help with your access or subscription? Email to: email@example.com
Questions about this new Fordham program? Please contact your Dean of Students.
EXISTING registered subscribers with an ACTIVE PAID SUBSCRIPTION:
NOTE: ACCESS TO SOME SECTIONS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES MAY CHANGE. PLEASE CONFIRM WITH CHAT AGENT OR AT THE NUMBER ABOVE.
If you opt to activate your free Fordham account, please first cancel your personal subscription by connecting with a chat agent on the NYT site or by calling 800-698-4637 before creating a new account.
Once the old paid subscription is canceled, visit accessnyt.com to activate your new account and start by typing in "Fordham" when prompted. Since you are already in the system, click “Log In" (found below "Create an Account"). Input your email address and your original password. If you encounter an error message, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXISTING registered subscribers that DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE NYT SUBSCRIPTION:
Please visit accessnyt.com and start by typing in "Fordham" when prompted.
Since you are already in the system, click “Log In" (found below "Create an Account"). Input your email address and your original password. If you encounter an error message, please email email@example.com.