GSAS Graduate Student Council Charter Groups
The GSC is pleased to provide funding and support to groups looking to implement programming around specific interdisciplinary interests and issues. GSC Charter Groups organize a range of social, academic, or professional events available to all GSAS students (e.g. field trips, lectures, workshops). Please see individual GSC Charter Group pages or contact us if you are interested in becoming involved with any of these groups.
The GSC is always eager to add new charter groups to our roster. Any GSAS student who is interested in creating and organizing a new charter group is welcome to submit a proposal to the GSC Representatives. Programming should include an event series that is diverse, budget-conscious, and highly inclusive.
To qualify as a GSC Charter Group, the following qualifications must be met:
- Statement of the group's mission, purpose, and scope;
- Nomination of one or two spokespersons to coordinate the group's activities with the GSA;
- Roster of members (must be primarily GSAS students);
- Presents a budget breakdown to the Council for their plans during the academic year (Note: The GSC allocates $2000 per academic year for Charter Groups. If a Group wants more, they can present to the Council at a council meeting);
- Meets on a regular basis (at least twice a semester)
A charter group must renew its status with the GSC once a year at the first GSC representaives meeting of the academic year.
Please contact [email protected] for more information.