Standardized Test Requirements
Most applicants are required to submit standardized test scores with their application and submit an official test score report from testing sites. If you have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test more than once, please list all individual test scores that you received. Your scores should be listed in chronological order, with the most recent test date listed first. Scores may not be older than 5 years.
- GRE School Code: 2252
- MAT School Code: 1453
Fordham is a registered Miller Analogies Test (MAT) testing site. We administer the MAT at both the Lincoln and Westchester campuses. The MAT is a 60-minute exam comprising only analogies. Read more.
Please see below for test score submission type requirement:
Teacher Education Programs
- ALL programs: MAT, GRE General Test or significantly equivalent examination
Educational Leadership Programs
- Ed.D. in Administration and Supervision: GRE General Test or MAT
- Ph.D. in Administration and Supervision: GRE General Test or MAT
- Masters and Advanced Certificate Programs: GRE General Test or significantly equivalent examination
Psychological and Educational Services Programs
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology: GRE General Test
- Ph.D. in School Psychology: GRE General Test
Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research Programs
- Ph.D. in Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research: GRE General Test or MAT
Native English speakers from countries where English is an official language are exempt from this requirement. International students who have successfully completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher learning either the United States or in a country where English is the official language within the past five years are typically exempt from the TOEFL requirement.
- Graduate School of Education TOEFL Code: 2252