GSAS Job Opportunities
Professional Development Assignments for GSAS Students
Hourly rates for all GSAS students unless otherwise noted:
Master's Students - $18.50/hour
Doctoral Students - $20.86/hour
Professional Development Opportunities
Our mission is to enhance both the academic experiences and quality of life for our graduate students.
GSAS Admissions Student Worker Position
Description of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Admissions Office:
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS), founded in 1916, is located at the historic Rose Hill campus of Fordham University in the Bronx. The Office of Admissions is responsible for overseeing the recruitment, evaluation and admissions process for GSAS programs. Fordham GSAS admits students to research degrees, including the Master of Arts (M.A.), the Master of Science (M.S.), and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), as well some professionally-oriented degrees. Most GSAS courses are offered at Rose Hill, but a number of graduate programs offer GSAS courses at other campuses (Lincoln Center) or centers (for example, the Louis Calder Center in Armonk, NY).
The Office of Admissions is seeking a current student who can perform general administrative tasks and duties as part of our Admissions team for the Summer 2020, with the potential to continue into the 2020-2021 academic year. This customer oriented position works closely with current and prospective students, faculty, staff and alumni to deliver consistently high quality service and clear and accurate information related to GSAS admissions processes and procedures, GSAS program offerings, Fordham University in general. Reporting to the GSAS Admissions Counselor, primary responsibilities or this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to admission office emails and phone calls.
- Processing graduate applications, including scanning documents and data entry in Slate CRM.
- Front desk responsibilities that involve greeting and responding to walk-in inquires.
- Communicating and advising prospective students about admissions and general GSAS program information.
- Following up with applicants and programs regarding specific application information.
- Communicating and advising on GSAS admission policies and procedures.
- Training users of the Slate on-line application system.
- Assisting on Admissions recruiting and yield events on campus and online. Must be able to assist with GSAS Commencement preparation and ceremony.
This position requires a commitment of up to 19 hours/week during the summer and academic year 2020-2021. Candidates must carefully evaluate their current course load and other commitments and responsibilities before accepting an offer to fill this position. Must be able to work well with others, follow instructions, and commit to performing at a high level. Successful applicants are expected to arrive and depart based on the semester schedule as set with the Director of Admissions, and to make arrangements in advance if it is necessary to vary from the schedule in any way.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Mr. Garrett Marino, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org