Fordham-GSAS Three Minute Thesis Eligibility and Rules
All currently enrolled GSAS master’s and doctoral students actively engaged in thesis or dissertation research are eligible to participate. GSAS alumni are not eligible to participate. A competitive candidate should have a well-conceived research project, compelling research, and a novel story to share.
Please note: Contestants must agree to participate in one round of competition before a select panel of judges.
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted (no slide transitions, animations, or movement of any description; the slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration).
- No additional electronic media (e.g., sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g., costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to three minutes maximum, and competitors exceeding three minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (e.g., no poems, raps, or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts his/her presentation through movement or speech.
- The decision of the panel of judges is final.