Saturday, May 19, 2018
All graduation activities take place at the Rose Hill Campus in the Bronx.
The University Commencement procession will begin at 10 a.m. on Edwards Parade. Graduates line up no later than 9:30 a.m.
The Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony will take place at the Rose Hill Gymnasium at 12:30 p.m. immediately following the Commencement Exercises. The Graduate School of Education Diploma Ceremony is expected to last approximately one hour.
Tickets are not required for either ceremony.
Contact your academic adviser to review your degree and major requirements, and apply through the My.Fordham portal. (Student Tab: Banner Self Service/Student/Student Records/Apply to Graduate).
- Complete Graduate Exit Form and Course Evaluation Forms: An email containing the form will be sent to your Fordham email account.
- Verify the Exact Degree Being Earned: MS, MST, MSED, PD, EdD, PhD. Check the Graduate School of Education Bulletin.
- Pay Any Outstanding Bills: Contact the University Enrollment Services office to clear up any unpaid charges at 718-817-4900).
- Complete All Program Requirements: Contact your Program Advisor, Coordinator, and/or Division Chairperson.
- Complete Application to Graduate: All graduating students must apply to graduate. This can be done through the My.Fordham portal. (Student Tab: Banner Self Service/Student/Student Records/Apply to Graduate).
Renting Academic Apparel
Rented academic apparel for Fordham University is provided by the College Division of Herff Jones.
- Master Black Cap, Gown, Tassel, and Hood Unit
- Doctor Fordham Maroon Tam, Gown and Hood Unit
Placing Orders Online
All orders must be placed online at fordham.edu/capandgown. Orders must be submitted no later than 11:59 pm on FRIDAY, APRIL6. Your order will be available ONLY at the campus you select. Be sure to print and save your online order confirmation.
You must present your confirmation and photo I.D. at your selected distribution site to claim your order. You may send someone else to pick up your apparel as long as they have your confirmation and written permission to do so.
Additional details in this Commencement Academic Apparel PDF.
Returning Academic Apparel
All rented academic apparel must be returned immediately following your diploma ceremony to the Commuter Lounge in the basement of McGinley Center.
Rental orders may be canceled and rental fee refunds requested, but the request must be received in writing at Herff Jones, Inc.
If you do not order by the Deadline
Extra apparel will be available at the distribution sites above on a first come, first served basis only and cannot be guaranteed.
In particular, please be aware that Fordham maroon doctoral stock is limited. An $10 cash only late fee will be charged, and the rental fee must also be paid in cash only.
Diploma Frames and Announcements
Graduates can order diploma frames and announcements online at www.herffjones.com/college/fordham.
For information, please call or email: