A limited amount of aid is available for persons employed as full-time professionals in Catholic or other religiously affiliated nonpublic schools.. The scholarship covers 40-50% of tuition charges up to six credits per semester.
Students are responsible for meeting all eligibility criteria and reviewing scholarship details. Download scholarship application.
Candidates must be full-time employees of a Catholic or faith-based (religiously affiliated) nonpublic schools who are pursuing degrees and/or certificates at the Fordham University Graduate School of Education.
- The scholarships covers 40% or 50% of tuition charges - and only tuition charges - and a maximum of six credits per semester.
- The scholarship excludes the following:
- Courses offered by Fordham University, but not specifically by the Graduate School of Education.
- Courses taken as a non-matriculated or non-degree student.
- Zero credit courses
- Maintenance of Matriculation
- Fee Residency Seminar
- Dissertation Seminar
- Doctoral Mentoring
- The scholarship may not be combined with other forms of Graduate School of Education aid (e.g. other scholarships or graduate assistantships).
- Students must be registered for classes before submitting the Scholarship Form.
- The scholarship cannot be processed if there is a hold on a student's account.
How to Apply
- Students (and their principal/supervisor) must complete the Scholarship Form in its entirety in order for it to be processed in a timely manner.
- Along with the Scholarship Form, students must submit at the beginning of their contract year a letter from their employer on official stationery stating that they are a current, full-time employee. Students must complete and submit the Scholarship Form every semester that they register, and the employer letter at the beginning of each school year (i.e. fall semester).
- The Scholarship Form may be mailed, faxed, emailed in an attached document, or hand-delivered the Center for Catholic Leadership and Faith-Based Education.
- Deadline: The deadline to submit the Scholarship Application and the employer letter for the Fall 2017 semester is Friday, September 15. Please check back for Spring and Summer 2018 deadlines.
- Make copies of your Scholarship Form submissions for your own files.
- Pay your portion of your tuition bill in a timely manner even if your scholarship award has not yet been posted to your account.