SSG Eligibility and Requirements
All students matriculated in a GSAS degree program; who are in good academic standing (please refer to §7.4.1 and §7.4.2 in the GSAS Academic Policies and Procedures Guidebook for details); and who have paid their GSA student fees are eligible to apply. Early Admissions students are not eligible for the SSG awards.
Students may apply for support during either funding cycle (fall, spring); however, priority will be given to applicants who have not received support in the immediate past funding cycle.
Students applying during their first semester of GSAS enrollment must provide with their application a letter of support from a faculty member.
Completed applications will include:
- feasible project or activity objectives, clearly stated in the narrative, that articulate a clear connection between the proposed activity and the outcomes expected regarding the student’s academic or professional development
- an appropriate Budget Proposal and Justification, with unusual or non-traditional expenses explained in the narrative
- an updated resume or curriculum vitae
SSG funding recipients agree to:
- fulfill all award requirements, within the confines of the approved and funded project proposal
- submit accurate and complete reimbursement documentation in a timely fashion
- be willing to serve as a future SSG Selection Committee member
- attend the annual GSAS Award Ceremony (typically held in spring)
Please note: Written requests to alter a funded project will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All requests for grant extensions or budget changes must be submitted for approval in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for project changes must include an updated Budget Proposal and Justification.