James Moore Bollinger
Adjunct Professor of Law
The Chrysler Building
405 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10174
With over 20 years of experience in patent litigation, James focuses his practice in the medical, electronics, computer science, and financial technologies fields. He has acted as lead trial counsel for a variety of patent disputes and has tried both jury and bench disputes. He is lead counsel on patent matters pending in many diverse venues, including in the Western District of Wisconsin, the Northern District of Illinois, the Southern District of New York, and the Northern District of California. James has also represented several overseas clients in international forums on patent and IP matters. In addition to Litigation, James actively advises and assists clients build and manage IP portfolios. Some of his clients include Merrill Lynch, Cadbury, Barclays Capital, MIT, Yale University, BNP Paribus, MetLife, Linkshare, and Davidsohn Global Technologies, Inc.
Recent successes for James include a jury verdict invalidating all claims of a patent on both anticipatory and obviousness grounds, and a summary judgment ruling in a second case- again ruling the asserted patent claim invalid on both anticipatory and obviousness grounds.
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Div., 1st Dept.
- Supreme Court of the State of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Bar Activities and Legal Associations
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Member, New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pace University School of Law (JD, 1986)
- Tufts University (BSCHE, 1979)