Room Selection Information for Current Residents
Room Selection and Housing Assignments
An Inclusive Community
The Office of Residential Life seeks to manage the room selection process in a manner that assures students receive housing assignments that are safe, respectful of personal dignity, and private and that further the core educational and community-building missions of our University. With these goals in mind, we will work on a case-by-case basis with individual residents to identify housing options and an assignment that aligns with their gender self-identity.
If you would like to discuss the process further and learn more about how to ensure that you will be able to live in a space appropriate to your identity, Tyler Martins, Assistant Director for Housing Operations at Rose Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Office of Residential Life at 718-817-3080.
We respect your privacy: you may also simply indicate in the housing application that you would like to further discuss your specific housing needs and preferences related to your gender identity. A member of our staff will reach out to you and speak with you individually about your needs and the options that are available.
Students should inquire about their options as early in the process as possible and while the widest range of options are available. This is a private process and information related to student gender identity is considered confidential and shared only with staff who need to assist with your request.
2021-2022 Room Selection Information
Welcome to the online Room Selection process! If you are planning to graduate at the end of this semester, please disregard this information. Students who do not deposit for Fall 2021 housing will not be a part of the Room Selection Process for Fall 2021 - Spring 2022. Friday, March 12 is the deadline to deposit for housing for 2021-2022 for undergraduate students. Please note the dates below are subject to change.
The Room Selection Guide includes all of the rules, deadlines, and processes that are applicable to Room Selection. If at any time you are having difficulty or confused, please email us at email@example.com. It is essential that you review this guide thoroughly as it reveals important deadlines and steps to successfully select a room placement for next year. As in past years, room selection runs on deadlines and steps.
Please Note All Deadlines
- $200 housing deposits for Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 will be accepted at My.Fordham.edu on Thursday, March 1 at Noon.
- Deposits are due by Friday, March 12 at 5 p.m.
- Failure to meet deadlines will affect your housing selection process
Important Things to Know
- The deposit will not be "charged" to your student account. You must make the deposit by logging onto My.Fordham.edu on your Student Tab, under "housing deposit"
- If you have difficulty on My.Fordham.edu, please pay in person at Financial Services, located in Thebaud Hall. Please do not wait until the last minute to deposit.
- First-Year and Transfer students who did not participate in CORE programming are eligible to deposit but are not eligible to pick their rooms through the process. They will be assigned to housing over the summer.
- If you plan to transfer to the Lincoln Center campus for Fall, you must participate in the Rose Hill Room Selection Process in order to be considered for housing at Lincoln Center for the Fall.
- View information on the Medical Housing Accommodation process Please direct all questions to Tyler Martins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phases of Room Selection
- Phase 1: Housing Deposits: Thursday, March 1, 2021 at 12PM - Friday, March 12, 2021 at 5PM
- Phase 2: Housing Applications via My.Fordham.edu: Monday, March 15, 2021 - Monday, March 22, 2021
- Retention (Optional), Friday, March 26, 2021
- Medical Accommodation Forms Due: Friday, March 26, 2021 at 5PM
- Phase 3: Group Formation: Thursday, April 1, 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021
- Phase 4: Room Selection: Monday, April 12, 2021 - Friday, April 16, 2021
We wish you the best of luck in this year's room selection process! Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
Room Selection How-To-Video