Room Selection Information for Current Residents
Room Selection & Housing Assignments
An Inclusive Community
The Office of Residential Life respects the identities of all our students and will work with residents on housing options with respect to their self-identity. We will work with any students on a case-by-case basis to find an appropriate assignment.
If you would like to discuss the process further, and learn more about how to ensure that you will be able to live in a space appropriate to your identity, please contact Tyler Martins, Assistant Director for Housing Operations at Rose Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Office of Residential Life at 718-817-3080.
You may also simply indicate in the housing application that you would like to discuss your specific housing needs and preferences further. A member of our staff will reach out to you.
It is important to note that students should inquire about your options as early in the process as possible and while the widest range of options are available. This is a private process and information related to student identity is considered confidential and shared only with staff who need to assist with your request.
2019-2020 Room Selection Information
Welcome to the online Room Selection process! If you are planning to graduate at the end of this semester, please disregard this information. Students who do not deposit for Fall 2019 housing will not be a part of the Room Selection Process for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020. Tuesday, February 12 is the deadline to deposit for housing for 2019-2020 for undergraduate students.
The Room Selection Guide includes all of the rules, deadlines and processes that are applicable to Room Selection. If at any time you are having difficulty or confused, please email us at email@example.com. It is essential that you review this guide thoroughly as it reveals important deadlines and steps to successfully select a room placement for next year. As in past years, room selection runs on deadlines and steps.
Please Note All Deadlines
- $200 housing deposits for Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 will be accepted at My.Fordham.edu on Monday, February 4 at Noon.
- Deposits are due by Tuesday, February 12 at 5 p.m.
- Failure to meet deadlines will affect your housing selection process
Important Things to Know
- The deposit will not be "charged" to your student account. You must make the deposit by logging onto My.Fordham.edu on your Student Tab, under "housing deposit"
- If you have difficulty on My.Fordham.edu, please pay in person at Financial Services, located in Thebaud Hall. Please do not wait until the last minute to deposit.
- Freshmen and Transfer students who did not participate in CORE programming are eligible to deposit but are not eligible to pick their rooms through the process. They will be assigned to housing over the summer.
- If you plan to transfer to the Lincoln Center campus for Fall, you must participate in the Rose Hill Room Selection Process in order to be considered for housing at Lincoln Center for the Fall.
- For more information on the Medical Housing Accommodation process, click here for the link. Please direct all questions to Tyler Martins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phases of Room Selection
- Phase 1: Housing Deposits: Monday, Feb. 4 - Tuesday, Feb. 12 at 5 p.m.
- Phase 2: Housing Applications via My.Fordham.edu: Thursday, Feb. 14 - Wednesday, Feb. 20
- Retention (Optional), Monday, Feb. 25 - Friday, March 1 submitted via the Housing Application on My.Fordham.edu
- Phase 3: Group Formation: Tuesday, March 12th - Tuesday, March 26th
- Phase 4: Room Selection: Thursday, March 28 - Wednesday, April 3
We wish you the best of luck in this year's room selection process! Please do not hesitate to contact us (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns.
Room Selection How-To-Video