Office of Disability Services: Accommodations

At the beginning of your academic career at Fordham, a Disability Services staff member will meet with you to review which accommodations should be added to your student plan based on your needs. Depending on the particular circumstance, you may be eligible for the:

  • Testing accommodations
  • Classroom accommodations
  • Graduate assistantships and/or internships for credit
  • For housing accommodations please contact the Office of Residential Life to complete the Housing Accommodation Form**
  • *Please note that virtual accommodations are not available through ODS for disabilities of any sort.

Accommodations must be requested at the beginning of each semester by filling out an Accommodation Form through our online system, AIM, and submitting it to the office. You will be given this online access information at your intake appointment.

It is the student’s responsibility to contact the office in regards to accommodations in the semester he or she requires services. Requests for accommodations should be made to the Office of Disability Services at [email protected]

Academic Accommodations

While Fordham University will consider making academic accommodations in appropriate circumstances, no academic accommodations will be granted that fundamentally alter the nature of the course or program, or which unduly burden the University financially or administratively.

Some examples of accommodations Fordham has provided to students include, but are not limited to:

  • Reduced course loads
  • Extending the amount of time to complete the requirements for graduation
  • Providing limited extensions of time for completing assignments, and similar accommodations

Academic Support Services

Disability Services offers Academic Support Services for those who need additional assistance during classroom time.

These services include access to:

  • Proctoring of Exams
  • Extended test-taking time
  • Use of books in alternative formats
  • Transcription
  • Classroom accessibility assistance

Please advise: The Office of Disability Services does not grant accommodations retroactively. If new accommodations are needed, you must meet with ODS to discuss adjusting your accommodation plan and may potentially need to provide updated documentation accordingly.

**For those students with a documented disability who have been approved for a single room as an accommodation, the single room housing rates will be set at the double room rate in the assigned residence hall.