Semester Timeline for Students
Start of classes through first week of school: Log into AIM to request your accommodations
Weeks 1-2: Follow up with your professors to ensure they have received the accommodation letter, and understand the accommodations.
Weeks 3-4: If you receive testing accommodations, make sure your professors have filed out the testing contract for each class.
Weeks 5-8: Make sure to request testing for midterms if you wish to use your accommodations for them.
Weeks 12-15: Make sure to request testing for finals if you wish to use your accommodations for them.
Throughout the Term: Please put in any testing requests you wish to take using your accommodations. Reach out to ODS if you have any questions or concerns. Please review all policies and procedures listed below.
ODS Policies and Procedure
- I am responsible for requesting my accommodations through AIM (online system) each semester during the first 2 weeks of class. It does not occur automatically.
- I understand ODS will approve requests for accommodations within 24 hours, unless the request is placed over the weekend, or on a day that the University is closed.
- Although ODS is providing my accommodations letters electronically, I am responsible to bring my professors the letter, in a timely manner, and discuss my accommodations to make sure all parties are clear on what is needed. If I do not do this, I will not receive the accommodations.
- If a faculty member does not use a Fordham email address, I will inform ODS immediately, so it can be changed in AIM.
- Faculty members cannot retroactively provide accommodations for students.
- I am responsible for informing ODS of any issues with accommodations or faculty.
- I am responsible for informing ODS and setting up a meeting if I would like to adjust my accommodations.
- If I am unclear about any processes or procedures, I will contact ODS immediately.
I am in complete understanding of the policies and procedures necessary to obtain accommodations from Fordham University’s Office of Disability Services.
ODS Testing Policies & Procedures
- I understand I must sign up for exams I want to take in ODS at least 3-5 business days ahead of time. (Business days do not include weekends or when the University is officially closed.)
- In order to sign up for an exam, I understand the Professor must first fill out the testing contract. This can only be done after I put in my accommodation requests, and ODS approves them.
- If my Professor has not filled out the testing contract, I must remind him/her in a timely fashion. If still not done, I will contact ODS to intervene.
- I am the only person who can sign up to take the exam. Even if I tell the Professor I plan on taking it in ODS, and s/he sends it to ODS, I am not guaranteed a spot unless I have signed up through AIM.
- I will always take my exam at the same date/time as the rest of the class. Exceptions need Professor approval and must be sent, in writing to [email protected]
- I cannot miss a class in order to take a makeup exam, or an exam for another class.
- If taking a class outside of normal business hours (9-5), I will speak to ODS in the beginning of the semester to understand how those exams will work, and understand if I need to take an exam outside of normal business hours I need to contact ODS 5 business days ahead of time.
- I understand that late arrival for exams will result in an automatic time reduction corresponding to the number of minutes I am late. If I do arrive late, I will adhere to the already scheduled exam end time.
- If I am unwell and cannot take the exam, I will contact both my Professor and ODS. I understand there are no guarantees a Professor will permit a make-up exam, as ODS has no role in the decision.
- I understand I will be monitored by a proctor and video surveillance.
- Breaks to use the restroom will not be permitted during the first 2 hours of the exam. Any exceptions will be determined on a case by case basis.
- I will hand over any and all electronic devices to the proctor and turn them completely off, along with any watches or bulky pieces of jewelry.
- I will leave my bag, hat, jacket, or any extra clothing outside of the testing room, and I will not wear anything that is extremely baggy or with many pockets.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the testing room, besides a clear water bottle with no labels or writing. Any exceptions will be determined on a case by case basis.
- I will keep all test materials on top of the desk/table.
- If I am allowed to use materials, ODS will make sure they are verified in the testing contract, or separately by the Professor prior to the start of the exam.
- I will Always inform the proctor if I need to leave the testing area.
If I am unclear about testing policies during the semester, I will contact ODS immediately.