Information for New ODS Students

We are currently accepting appointments for intake meetings to be conducted for any incoming or current Fordham students for any undergraduate programs or graduate programs (except Fordham Law)*.

Please call the Rose Hill campus for an intake meeting if you attend Rose Hill, Westchester, or an Online program at 718-817-0655. If you attend Lincoln Center please call 212-636-6282.

*Please visit the Law School's Counseling and Services.

How to Register:

Please fill out the online application. Once you finish filling out the application, you should receive an email stating that you have successfully filled out the application which also contains a link to upload your documentation. Once you have uploaded the documentation, please call the office on the campus you attend for an intake appointment. The intake appointment is an individual meeting with a staff member to create you individual accommodation plan. Please note: You will not be registered with ODS, until after the intake meeting.

*Please note that virtual accommodations are not available through ODS for disabilities of any sort.

Documentation Guidelines

In order to receive accommodations for a disability in class or for a graduate assistantship or internship for credit, you must first meet with a staff member at ODS for your initial intake meeting, at which you should bring any documentation you have of your disability.

Documentation that is needed may vary based on the nature of the disability.

Office of Disability Services Documentation Guidelines


Documentation must be in the form of a letter from the person diagnosing the psychological condition. It should include the formal diagnosis, the onset of the condition, and its impact on you. The documentation must be on official letterhead and include the mental health professional’s signature and license number. It also needs to be dated within the last 6 months.

Learning Disability/ADHD

Documentation should be in the form of a neuropsychological report or a high school IEP/504 plan based on LD or ADHD, and it must be dated within the last 4 years. An updated letter from your doctor might be accepted as a supplement to an out-of-date report, but this will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

Physical/Medical (chronic illness, visual impairment, hearing, mobility, etc.)

Documentation should be in the form of a letter from your doctor explaining your medical condition and how it impacts you. It needs to be on official letterhead and include the medical professional’s signature and license number. The documentation must be dated within the last 6 months. Any tests/results are also helpful.