Office of Disability Services: Scholarships and Funding
Fordham University has a partnership with The Lavelle Fund for the Blind Inc., which provides the Brother James Kearney Scholarship for the Blind to students who are legally blind and have exhibited financial need.
Lavelle-Brother Kearney Scholarship Program
The Lavelle – Brother Kearney Scholarship aims to help make quality undergraduate and graduate education affordable for financially needy U.S. residents who are legally blind.
Eligible candidates must:
- be legally blind or severely visually impaired (as determined by a functional vision assessment).
- be a legal resident of the United States.
- demonstrate financial need as defined by the student’s FAFSA data.
- be enrolled full-time toward a degree or valid professional certificate at one of 12 participating colleges and universities.
- be in academic good standing, not on probation or suspended.
For further information, contact [email protected] or Kate Morris, Lavelle-Brother Kearney Scholarship Program Coordinator at [email protected].
Additional Scholarship Opportunities