Strategic Planning Timeline
Progress to Date
During the “foundational” 2015–2016 academic year, Fordham accomplished the following objectives:
- Established a Continuous Strategic Planning Committee (CUSP) to guide new planning initiatives.
- Prepared a Strategic Framework setting high-level University priorities and goals and articulated principles to guide local strategic planning by each of the University’s schools and major administrative units.
- Engaged the full University community in crafting the Framework, reviewing its structure, content, and approach, and initiating local conversations and activities to advance the priorities.
- Announced a new approach to integrate strategic planning with budget planning and conducted meetings with deans and vice presidents.
In addition, already in the second year of the three-year planning process, the following activities have been completed:
- Delineated specific goals and initiatives for local units guided by and aligned with the Strategic Framework.
- Appointed the “second generation” CUSP Committee. Formulated and distributed guidelines for planning processes in the schools and administrative divisions.
- Received the report of the Diversity Task Force and convened PAC to advise the President on responses to its recommendations.
- Appointed local planning groups, the work of which in many cases is underway.