Online Students’ Evaluation of Educational Quality (SEEQ) Surveys
For many years we have worked to provide an accurate and efficient means of communication between faculty and students for your planning purposes.
Fordham University adopted an online course evaluation system that allows students to complete the course evaluation surveys online via a laptop, tablet, or smartphone and provides faculty with both greater information from the surveys and faster access to it.
The Online Survey period opens 14 days prior to the last day of class and surveys are to be completed in class during those two weeks.
Instructions for these required assessment tools:
1. Set aside five to ten minutes class to speak with students about the online evaluation process.
- How Fordham University uses evaluation feedback: Many students do not realize that their evaluations are looked at by all department chairs, and by reappointment, promotion and tenure committees campus-wide. Let them know that this data is valued, and used, by University administrators.
- How you, the instructor uses evaluation feedback: Let students know that their opinion matters, and that you use their feedback to revise classes. Give them an example of how you have done so in the past.
- How the student uses evaluation feedback: Students are able to see evaluations from almost every course at Fordham College at Lincoln Center (FCLC), Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH), the adult school (PCS), and Fordham’s graduate school. The evaluation report will work to the benefit of students at Fordham when choosing classes.
- Reassure students that their responses are completely anonymous and that instructors will only see results after grades are submitted.
2. ;Announce to students the designated class day (picked by the instructor) when students will complete the online SEEQs in class. This could be during the last 15 minutes of class. Students should bring with them a device (laptop, smart phone, tablet/iPad) with which they can complete the surveys
3. If your classes are not submitting evaluations at the rates you would like to see, remember to mention the evaluations to them in class, letting them know how important their feedback is to you.
4. Student access to final grades and other information may be limited if their SEEQ surveys are uncompleted.
5. We can email your students from our system. The email will be sent only to students in your classes who have not completed their evaluations. This provides an excellent way for students to understand how important it is to complete their evaluations.
For assistance contact Susan Perciasepe at #0586 or email at email@example.com.