Arts and Sciences
- Enhance the ability of Arts and Sciences to deliver excellent graduate and undergraduate education.
- Project a more unified voice for Arts and Sciences at Fordham.
- Enable effective advocacy on behalf of students, faculty, and staff.
- Cultivate a vibrant culture and sense of community across departments, programs, and campuses.
- Ensure equity and consistency across campuses, clearly explaining and rationalizing differences in structures, policies, and processes where they exist.
- Promote dynamism in academic programs and effective coordination of graduate and undergraduate education.
- Expand opportunities for faculty and students alike to produce and share original research.
- Expand opportunities and support structures for interdisciplinary research, teaching, and learning.
- Consider specific revisions of policies, processes, and leadership positions to ensure a functioning institutional structure and to support strategic visioning and planning; and, where appropriate, provide stepwise proposals to advance these goals.
- Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
Diversity Action Plan
- Appoint a new senior administrator, the Chief Diversity Officer.
- In Student Affairs, promote the position of Assistant Dean and Director of Multicultural Affairs to the position of Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs for Diversity and Inclusion. In Human Resources, undertake a search for a Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Prioritize diversifying the ranks of all University administrators and faculty members.
- Expand outreach to recruit students of color.
- Strengthen and expand the University’s new student orientation programs for undergraduates.
- Develop orientation programs and ongoing personal and professional development programs that are appropriate for their students.
- Advance a proposal that seeks to require all first-year undergraduate students to enroll in a one-credit “First Year Experience” course containing a significant diversity component.
- Develop enough diversity-rich American Pluralism courses to serve all of our students.
- Work to include discussions or treatment of issues of diversity in courses as often and as richly as possible.
- Form school-based committees to identify and/or create professional development programs for faculty colleagues.
- Strengthen our highly successful Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) and Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (C-STEP).
- Create a standing Diversity Committee.
- Campus Center project which includes an expanded career center, expanded facilities for Campus Ministry and Student Affairs, updated dining facilities, new space for student clubs and socializing, new event spaces, and updated technology, among other features.
- Continued renovation of Lowenstein Center space at Lincoln Center.
Fordham College at Lincoln Center
- Increase student retention.
- Enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Further ""Re-imagining Arts and Sciences.”
- Support Faculty and Student Research.
- Increase partnerships with Manhattan cultural institutions / curricular engagement with NYC.
- Increase collaboration with professional schools (e.g., Gabelli, Law School, School of Education) to bolster opportunities for accelerated or dual degree programs.
- Increase study abroad / global engagement.
- Increase alumni engagement.
- Heighten visibility of FCLC.
Graduate School of Religion and Religious Education
- Develop highly qualified teacher-scholar-practitioners from diverse backgrounds who engage in public life to serve the academy, faith communities, and society.
- Verify the educational effectiveness of all degree programs by engaging in comprehensive assessment toward curriculum reform—inclusive, intercultural, interdisciplinary, and interfaith.
- Increase and diversify enrollment by expanding operations in the areas of development/annual fund, marketing communications, recruitment, retention, global partnerships, and alumni relations.
Graduate School of Education
- Enhance the stature of GSE as a nationally and internationally recognized research institution.
- Enhance revenue through fee-for-service programming, and special cohort-based programming
- Enhance efficiency and effectiveness of GSE through faculty and staff training in diversity, disability, and University software systems.
School of Law
- Foster a diverse and inclusive community.
- Enhance the value of a Fordham law education.