IALC Application & Visa Process
To register for courses at the IALC, there are three steps. First, apply for admission. Next, complete the IALC language interview. And finally, meet your advisor to register for courses. That's it!
Complete the IALC Application.
From the program options, select "IALC Intensive English Program"
You will need your basic contact information and a scanned copy of your passport identity page.
If you will need a student visa, please see the additional instructions below.
Apply for a Student Visa
** I-20 Application Checklist **
You will need to:
- Submit your application. An advisor will contact you if we have questions or any documents are missing.
- Confirm you intend to enroll in your application portal.
- Complete and submit an Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE) completed and signed by the holder of the bank account. (The holder of the account may be the student or another person, such as a parent or sponsor.)
- Provide an original bank statement/letter in English verifying that the required amount of money will be available for student use. See Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE) for the minimum requirements. If room and board (meals) will be provided by a relative or friend, a notarized letter confirming the arrangement should be submitted.
Transfer students: If you are a transfer student, please submit a completed Fordham University transfer form and a copy of your current I-20.
Schedule an interview at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
Your documents will be given to the Office of International Services (OIS), who will confirm details with you. Once the records are verified, the OIS will issue an I-20 and send you documents and information to schedule a visa interview at a U.S. embassy.
** Important Deadlines **
- I-20 application deadlines: Completed I-20 applications must be received no later than six weeks prior to the start of the semester or session when you wish to study.
- Late registration ends two weeks after classes begin in the fall and spring semesters.
- Late registration ends one week after classes begin in the summer sessions.
Contact us if you have any questions about the application process!