STEP Academic Year Program
The 2021 STEP Spring Program will be an eight-week virtual experience for 7th through 12th graders. Classes will take place once a week, on Saturdays.
During the program, STEP scholars will receive the following services virtually:
- Academic enrichment for the math and science classes students are currently taking in school.
- Exposure to STEM-related (science, technology, engineering, and math), health, and other licensed professions.
- Mentoring and tutoring from Fordham undergraduate students.
- Advising and preparation for the academic and social rigors of high school and college life.
- Opportunities to interact and build community with other STEP scholars.
Meeting Dates: Tentatively, Saturday, February 27, 2021, through Saturday, April 24, 2021
Time: 10:00 A.M. - 1:40 P.M.
Days: Saturdays Only
How to Apply
Instructions for Returning Applicants
Returning STEP Scholars should contact STEP staff to attain a copy of the Intent to Return Form. Completed forms must be returned by Wednesday, December 16, 2021.
Instructions for New Applicants
Please complete and submit the electronic application below by Friday, January 15, 2021. No paper applications will be accepted at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
- Fordham STEP Rose Hill at email@example.com
- Fordham STEP Lincoln Center at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application!
Thank you for your interest in the Fordham University STEP Spring Program. To complete the application in one sitting, please have the following prepared in advance:
- A scanned copy of your most recent report card for upload (PDF, Word, Image/Picture are acceptable).
- The complete email address of a math or science teacher that will complete a recommendation form on your behalf.
- Two short responses to the questions below. Each response should be a minimum of 150 and no more than 500 words.
- What is the biggest problem that you see in your community/neighborhood? How would you solve it?
- What do you hope to gain from being a part of the Fordham STEP Program?
Note: Parents will have to provide an electronic signature to verify the facts of the commitment to the STEP spring program.
- What is the attendance policy?
- Due to the limited number of sessions, STEP scholars are required to be present for all sessions and classes.
- Whatonline platform/application will be used to host the program?
- We will be using Zoom to conduct our virtual 2020 spring program. You can download the Zoom application for free to your laptop, computer, tablet, and/or mobile device.
- Note: As a policy, STEP will require participants to keep their cameras on throughout class time.
- Is there an application fee?
- Is there a registration fee?
- Yes, there is a $100 registration fee for admitted students. However, there are scholarships and financial aid available for all who need support to participate.
- How are the days structured during the STEP Spring Program?
- Saturdays Only- scholars will attend morning math and science classes followed by an elective class in the afternoon.
- Are there other academic offerings if I am not taking a math or science class in the summer or academic year?
- Yes, for students who either are not taking a math/science class in the summer or academic year or are taking a math/science class at school that STEP does not offer, there will be a course available for those students.
- What is the attendance policy?