STEP Academic Year Program
The Fordham University Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) Spring 2023 Program is accepting applications!
During the program, STEP scholars will receive the following services:
- Academic enrichment for the math and science classes students are currently taking in school.
- Exposure to STEM-related (science, technology, engineering, and math), health, and other licensed professions.
- Mentoring and tutoring from Fordham undergraduate students.
- Advising and preparation for the academic and social rigors of high school and college life.
- Opportunities to interact and build community with other STEP scholars.
Meeting Dates: Saturday, February 4th - April 29th 2023
Time: 9:00 AM - 1:50 PM at Rose Hill and 10:00 AM - 1:30 PM at Lincoln Center
Rose Hill - 441 E Fordham Rd, The Bronx, NY 10458
Lincoln Center - 113 W 60th St, New York, NY 10023
Instructions for Returning Applicants
Returning STEP Scholars should contact STEP staff to attain a copy of the Intent to Return Form.
Instructions for New Applicants
Please complete and submit the electronic application below by Monday, January 16th 2023
STEP Rose Hill (Bronx, NY) Spring 2023 Program Application
STEP Lincoln Center (New York, NY) Spring 2023 Program Application
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
- Fordham STEP Rose Hill at [email protected]
- Fordham STEP Lincoln Center at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Be a resident of New York State
- Be a rising 7th - 12th grade student
- Have approximately an 85 average in Math and Science courses and are overall good academic standing
- Identify as African American/Black, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American Indian or Alaskan Native, OR meet the requirements for economically disadvantaged status (Please see eligibility chart)
Thank you for your interest in the Fordham University STEP Program. To complete the application in one sitting, please have the following prepared in advance:
- A scanned copy of your most recent report card for upload (PDF, Word, Image/Picture are acceptable).
- The complete email address of a math or science teacher that will complete a recommendation form on your behalf.
- A scanned copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record for upload (PDF, Word, Image/Picture are acceptable).
- Two short responses to the questions below. Each response should be a minimum of 150 and no more than 500 words.
- What is the biggest problem that you see in your community/neighborhood? How would you solve it?
- What do you hope to gain from being a part of the Fordham STEP Program?
Note: Parents will have to provide an electronic signature to verify the facts of the commitment to the STEP program.
- What is the attendance policy?
- Due to the limited number of sessions, STEP scholars are required to be present for all sessions and classes.
- Is there an application fee?
- Is there a registration fee?
- Yes, please contact the campus you are interested in for the registration fee. However, there are scholarships and financial aid available for all who need support to participate.
- How are the days structured during the STEP Academic Year Program?
- Saturdays Only- scholars will attend morning math and science classes followed by an elective class in the afternoon.
- Are there other academic offerings if I am not taking a math or science class in the summer or academic year?
- Yes, for students who either are not taking a math/science class in the summer or academic year or are taking a math/science class at school that STEP does not offer, there will be a course available for those students.
- What is the attendance policy?