Clare Boothe Luce Graduate Fellowship Program
Graduate Student Funding
The Clare Boothe Luce (CBL) Program strives to increase the participation of women in the sciences and engineering at every level of higher education and to serve as a catalyst for colleges and universities to be proactive in their own efforts toward this goal. The CBL Program is the single largest private source of funding for women in science and engineering. In its first 25 years, the CBL program has awarded grants totaling over $150 million.
Under this program, Fordham is able to provide a two-year fellowship (contingent on acceptable performance in the first year) to highly qualified, full-time female graduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who are enrolled in one of the following graduate programs:
- Biological Sciences (but not bio-medical fields)
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
Graduate Fellowships are 12-month awards, generally made at the end of the 1st or 2nd year of graduate study, to begin the following fall. They include:
- $34,000 stipend
- full tuition scholarship, including fees, for full-time study
- if applied for, up to $5,000 for a professional development fund to be used by June for equipment, travel, research, childcare, etc. This fund is handled by reimbursement of expenses and requires pre- approval by the Program Administrator and proof of payment; any equipment purchases must be made through Fordham and travel using these funds must be within the United States
- pending continued outstanding achievement, the award is renewed for up to an additional 12 months
In accepting the award, the student agrees to:
- provide a progress report as delineated in the award letter
- report on outcomes of her research and encouragement of women in the sciences during the year
- after leaving Fordham, give a 5-year follow-up report on career and educational achievements
In addition to basic personal information, the application should include a brief explanation of your plans after you receive your doctorate from Fordham, letters of recommendation from two Fordham faculty members, your CV or resume, and a personal essay/narrative.
The application submission deadline (including all required material, attachments, and recommendations) is Friday, March 18, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Maura Mast ([email protected]).