How to Apply for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Requesting Your Summer '23 Loan
Step 1: File the 22-23 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (available until June 30, 2023)
Step 2: Visit our Application Page.
You must select the 2022-2023 Award Year at the top right corner of the page. (The page will default to Award Year 2023-24)
Step 3: Complete the Appropriate Loan Request Form
Details to keep in mind when completing your loan request:
- The number of credits for which you plan to enroll helps determine your budget and loan eligibility.
- Please allow three weeks for the processing of your loan request.
- The University may decrease your loan amount if your actual enrollment is fewer credits than the number you reported on your loan request.
- If you choose a loan period that includes more than one term, your total loan amount will be spread evenly across the number of terms you choose
- If you would like to make any changes to your request, email us at [email protected] from your Fordham Email Address.
- Recommended Subject Line "Federal Unsubsidized Loan Request Adjustment"
- Recommended Body: "Please (increase/decrease) my Federal Unsubsidized Loan by ($xx) for the (fall semester/spring semester/academic year)"