Stay aware. Stay safe.
We know how big New York City can seem. When you’re new it’s hard to imagine being able to ride the subway without a map, let alone feeling like a seasoned local. Fordham’s Department of Public Safety makes your community feel a lot smaller. Our top priority is to ensure the well-being of the entire Fordham community, on all campuses, at all times.
These are just a handful of the steps we take every day to keep Fordham safe:
- Officers on duty 24/7/365 in Rose Hill and Lincoln Center.
- Nightly off-campus shuttles run frequently in Rose Hill.
- Public Safety officers stationed in all residence halls from 10:15 p.m. - 6:15 a.m. daily.
- Widely available emergency telephones at the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses tie directly to Public Safety.
- A New York State-certified ambulance corps staffed by student volunteers - FUEMS - responds to emergencies 24/7 during the academic year.
- Personal safety programs on topics including preventing sexual assault and urban living are offered throughout the academic year.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with the New York City and Westchester police departments.
Contact Public Safety
Our emergency lines are staffed 24 hours a day.
Rose Hill: 718-817-2222
Lincoln Center: 212-636-6076
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Learn more about our safety efforts in Fordham’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.