NROTC Preparatory Program Scholarship
The Fordham University Naval ROTC Preparatory Program Scholarship provides economically and/or academically disadvantaged applicants with a unique opportunity to earn a commission in the United States Navy. This scholarship provides an extra year of academics and military orientation focused on preparing students for NROTC success.
Fordham University will provide tuition, fees, room, and board for a one-year NROTC preparation program as Midshipmen Candidates. Provided the candidates meet the criteria listed below they will be awarded an NROTC scholarship for up to four additional years to Fordham University.
- Successfully complete a Department of Defense medical exam and NROTC indoctrination training
- Maintain greater than a 2.8 GPA
- Pass the Navy’s Physical Fitness Assessment once a semester with a score of “Good Low” or better
- Maintain good standing* within the ROTC unit
Immersed in history and tradition, the New York City NROTC Battalion has proven to be a successful path to commissioning. At Fordham, service forges the person you become. We hear it all the time from our alumni and current students: Fordham gives them the tools to not only make a positive change in themselves, but also a positive change in the world.
* Good standing is defined as maintaining academic, disciplinary and physical requirements per NSTC 1533.2C - Regulations for Officer Development, as well as, receive a positive endorsement from the Professor of Naval Science.
The following are the steps to be considered for the NROTC Prep Program:
1. Apply to Fordham University using the Common Application by January 1, 2021.
2. On the Fordham Member Screen, select "Navy ROTC" under pre-professional programs.
3. Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email inviting you to complete the Prep Program application (detailed instructions will be included in the email).
4. Submit the completed application and the following required documents no later than January 15, 2021:
- Full-length photograph of applicant wearing NJROTC uniform (if participating in Junior ROTC)
- SNSI recommendation (if participating in Junior ROTC)
- Complete Applicant Fitness Assessment
- NSTC 1533-101 Drug Statement (download PDF, fill out, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NSTC 1533-112 Statement of Understanding (download PDF, fill out, and send to email@example.com
Decision notification will occur no later than April 1, 2021.