We rigorously prepare our Ph.D candidates for the academic and non-academic job market. The job market preparation is coordinated by the Graduate Director.
- Starting in the spring semester prior to entering the job market, our Ph.D. students participate in an information session on the job market process.
- They are then guided by their mentors to prepare a well-rounded application package during spring and throughout summer.
- In the fall semester, the Graduate Director sets up mock interviews and job talks for our job market candidates. These are attended by both faculty members and fellow graduate students.
- Students will be advised throughout the job market process by the Graduate Director and the members of the candidate's dissertation committee.
Our graduates have gone on to careers in academia and as financial analysts, economists, and executives in several fields:
- Academic (international and domestic)
- Central Banks
- European Commission, Joint Committee on Taxation (US)
- Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, FINRA, US Trust
- Multinational business
- Non-governmental organizations (World Bank and UN)
- International banking
- International public administration and government