Skip to main content

Forms and Letter Requests


Current Students

Change of Address Form
You MUST inform us any time you change your U.S. or permanent (foreign) address, within 10 days of the change. You can inform us by updating the info in your account, or by filling out this form.

Deviation from Full Course of Study Form
If you have a valid and sufficient reason to NOT take a full course load during any semester, you must have this form completed and signed by your Academic Advisor (graduate students) or Class Dean (undergraduate students), and submit this form to the OIS.

Social Security Administration Application Form
Students who have received on-campus work and need to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) need to have this form completed by their supervisor/the person responsible for hiring you. Students working for GSAS' Department must contact the GSAS Department directly to use their SSN Form. You may submit this form to the OIS via the Social Security (SSN) On-Campus Employment Document Submission Portal to receive a letter from us, which you will take to the Social Security Administration to apply for your SSN. For more information, visit the Social Security webpage.

CPT Application
Please read the instructions on the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) webpage, where you will see what steps need to be completed by your Academic Advisor (graduate students) or Class Dean (undergraduate students) in order for you to apply for CPT work authorization.

OPT Application
Please read the instructions on the Optional Practical Training (OPT) webpage, where you will see what steps need to be completed by you, or your Academic Advisor (graduate students) or Class Dean (undergraduate students) in order for you to apply for OPT work authorization.

STEM 24 month Extension Application
If you are an F-1 student in certain majors, you may apply during your initial approved post-completion OPT for an additional 24-month STEM extension for a total of 36 months of OPT.

New Students

AFCOE (Affidavit for Certificate of Eligibility) - For all Fordham programs except for Gabelli Graduate Programs.
New students planning to attend Fordham must complete this form and submit it to the appropriate office as instructed by your Admissions Office. Instructions for completing this form are included within the form’s content.

Gabelli Graduate Programs AFCOE - Gabelli graduate program students must complete this AFCOE and submit the AFCOE and all required documents through Applicant Status Student Portal.

Transfer Form
If you were/are holding F-1 or J-1 status at another US institution, you must complete the top part of this form, then ask your current International Student Advisor to complete the bottom half. Then, submit this form to the OIS office.

Letter Requests

The OIS can provide you with certain types of letters, to assist you in accomplishing certain tasks such as opening a bank account properly or applying to renew your U.S. student visa.

We will NOT issue any letters to a student who has not checked in with our office.

Bank Letter Request
In order to prevent you from earning interest on your funds in a bank account and to subsequently be required to declare that interest when you file taxes, you should get a letter from the OIS before opening a bank account.

Cell Phone/Credit Card/Landlord Request Form
If one of these types of vendors wants proof of your financial solvency and wants your Social Security Number (which you may not have), you should request a letter from us to assist you with your transactions with these vendors. You DO NOT NEED a Social Security Number to obtain those services.

Visa Renewal Request Form
If your visa is expired and you are out of the United States or you plan to travel outside the United States, you will need to renew your visa in order to re-enter the United States. You can request a letter to assist you at the U.S. Consulate in your home country when applying for your visa renewal.

Travel Visa Request Form (for travel to a country other than the United States)
If you are traveling to a different country and they require you to have a visa in order to enter their country, you can request a letter to present to that country’s Consulate to assist with your travel visa application.

Invitation Letter
You do not need any letter or document from the OIS to invite a family member as a B-2 visitor. If you wish to have family members/friends visit you in the United States for a short time on a B-2 visitor visa, you may provide them a personal invitation letter. The link leads to you a sample invitation letter.