Skip to main content

Financial Aid and Funding

For need-based financial aid, filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and the TAP application for New York State residents is the first step in applying for need-based financial aid, which usually takes the form of student loans and grants. After filing the FAFSA, students may contact the Financial Aid Office to learn more about the types of need-based aid available to graduate students.

Before receiving any financial aid, all applicants must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who are not US citizens or permanent residents do not file the form with the federal government, but must submit a hard copy to the Associate Dean of the Graduate School. In addition, residents of New York State must file a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application.

GSAS offers several prestigious internal fellowship and scholarship awards for current students. Visit their page to learn all about the opportunities available. GSAS also offer several avenues of support for current students doing research through fellowships.