Upcoming Kelly Competition
The Judge Paul Joseph Kelly, Jr. Invitational Trial Competition is hosted by Fordham University School of Law. This year’s competition will take place from Saturday, November 11, 2017 to Sunday, November 12, 2017 in the Southern District of New York.
Teams consist of two students who prepare both sides of a federal criminal problem. The two competitors will advocate on one side of the case in the first round, and the same two competitors will advocate on the other side of the case in the second round. The advocate who delivers the opening statement for the prosecution will deliver the closing argument for the defense, and the advocate who delivers the closing argument for the prosecution will deliver the opening argument for the defense. All witnesses will be provided by Fordham University, and each team will have 15 minutes to prepare their side’s witnesses prior to each round. The competition will consist of two preliminary rounds on Saturday, a semi-final round on Sunday morning, and a final round on Sunday afternoon.
We are pleased to announce the 2016 Kelly competitors:
- American University, Washington College of Law
- Brooklyn Law School
- University at Buffalo School of Law
- Duquesne University School of Law
- Elisabeth Haub Law School (formerly Pace Law School)
- Georgetown University Law Center
- George Washington University Law School
- Hofstra University School of Law
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- Quinnipiac University School of Law
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- University of New Mexico School of Law
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- University of South Dakota School of Law
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Yale Law School
Questions and concerns may be directed to Colette Carman and Miranda Onnen, the 2017-2018 Kelly Competition Editors, at firstname.lastname@example.org.