Structural Issues in Law Firm Management
This program will pull back the curtain on what it means to be a law firm partner and the role of partners in law firms.
The program is open to all, but is most highly recommended for senior associates, counsel, partners, and non-lawyer leaders at law firms. Sessions will be conducted in English.
Online via Zoom Fridays, January 19 - May 3, 2024
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
$1,000 per person / $750 discounts available
Optional In-Person Colloquium, Thursday, May 9 - Friday, May 10, 2024 (subject to health protocols and sufficient enrollment)
- January 19 Welcome/Program Introduction and José Eduardo Carneiro Queiroz Memorial Lecture
- January 26 Firm Strategies and Business Models
- February 2 Firm Structures and Governance
- February 9 Compensation Systems Part I
- February 16 Compensation Systems Part II
- February 23 People I: Law Firm Leadership
- March 1 People II: Recruiting, Training, and Retaining Talent
- March 8 Law Firm Finances: Pricing and Efficiency
- March 15 Marketing
- March 22 Knowledge Management
- April 5 Managing the Client Relationship Part I: Firm Strategies
- April 12 Managing the Client Relationship Part II: The Client Perspective
- April 19 Technology and AI
- April 26 Risk Management and Ethical Issues
- May 3 Succession Planning
- May 9-10 Optional Live Sessions (tentative events)
This schedule is subject to change.
Speakers to be announced.
- Toni Jaeger-Fine Senior Counselor, Fordham Law School
- Amadeu Ribeiro Partner, Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Avogados
Continuing legal education credit for the 2024 program is pending.
For the 2023 program, CLE credit was approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State and New Jersey State CLE Boards for a maximum of 10.5 credits. New York credits are nontransitional (experienced) in the following areas (subject to change): 10.0 or 11.0 Professional Practice, 1.0 Cybersecurity, privacy & data protection general, 1.0 Law Practice Management for New York and 12.0 or 13.0 professional practice for New Jersey credits. Attendees seeking credit in another state must apply to their states' CLE Board for credit.
Pay by credit card and select the appropriate option from the drop-down box. If you need to pay by an alternate method, contact [email protected].
- Individual registration: $1,000
- Registration for Fordham Law alumni: $750 (indicate your year of graduation and program in the notes column when paying)
- Early bird registration for 3 or more registrants from same firm: $750 per participant (indicate your affiliation in the notes column when paying)
I really enjoyed the program. It was a great approach to the 360° view required for all law firms managers, and it was specific enough to obtain useful insight regardless of the size, location or specialization of any law firm.
Creel, García-Cuéllar, Aiza y Enriquez, S.C. (Mexico)
The program had a perfect balance between theory and practical experience. The speakers were excellent and very generous in sharing their knowledge and experience. This course is a must for those who are in a managerial position at law firms or those who would like to improve their organizations.
Partner and Member of Executive Committee
Estudio Beccar Varela (Argentina)
The program offered broad scenarios of the main challenges in law firm management, focusing also on the professional personae, differences in opportunities and growing processes for professionals, and structural organization. Furthermore, the example of bigger firms’ structures reflects the legal market trends and represents a model for boutiques.
Alture Legal (Italy)
The list of speakers is the who’s who of the legal world, and the topics are highly instructive and current. The participants are just as impressive as the speakers and elevate the discussions throughout the program. The co-directors moderate each session with grace, intellect, and camaraderie. I highly recommend this program to anyone who is interested in learning more about the inner workings of law firm management.
Zubi Rosner LLP (USA)