A Purchase Order is issued for service contracts for equipment requiring regularly scheduled and emergency service. Service (and sometimes payment) is normally on a periodic (annual, quarterly, monthly) basis in accordance with the contract. This period should coincide with Fordham’s fiscal year.
Payment will only be made when the invoice is received unless the department manager has advised the Accounts Payable Department not to make payment. The Accounts Payable Department does not pay on quotes, statements and/or proposals.
The procedures for preparing a Service/Maintenance Purchase Order are listed below:
- Service/Maintenance Orders are prepared using a Requisition (Form FRPF).
- The Requisition should state “Service or Maintenance Order” and specify:
- The beginning effective date
- The ending effective date
- What is being covered by the contract – with serial numbers, if needed
- The frequency of the contract (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- A copy of the contract
** Note: When renewing Service or Blanket Purchase Orders, please provide last years’ Purchase Order Number on the Requisition for proper processing of the renewal order.