The Ram Pledge
Updated Aug. 5, 2020
As a member of the Fordham community, I take the following actions on and off campus to help safeguard the students, faculty, and staff at the University:
- I will wear a mask/face covering at all times when in public places on the Fordham campus, both indoors and outdoors, and when taking part in University activities off-campus;
- I will wash my hands frequently and thoroughly (for 20 seconds, minimum), especially after contact with surfaces and items in public areas, after eating, coughing, sneezing, or wiping one’s nose;
- I will maintain appropriate social distancing at all times on and off-campus;
- I will self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms, and complete daily VitalCheck screenings;
- I will follow the directions of University officials regarding face coverings, testing, screening, and quarantine (if necessary), and cooperate with the University’s contact tracing efforts, if called upon to do so;
- I will follow University protocols for COVID-19 testing, and report results promptly, if those tests are conducted by my personal physician or other non-University healthcare provider;
- I will follow Fordham’s and New York state’s isolation and quarantine protocols;
- I will follow University and public health guidance regarding the seasonal influenza vaccine when it becomes available, and regarding a COVID-19 vaccine once a medically recommended vaccine becomes available (accommodations will be considered for those who request them);
- I will comply with all signage and rules regarding access to campus buildings and ingress, egress, and seating in those buildings;
- I will abide by University protocol for campus visitors, and will ask them to submit to COVID-19 screening as required by Fordham officials;
- Fordham is taking exhaustive measure to protect the campus community, and I understand that COVID-19 poses a serious threat to health and safety.
I will make conscious choices, on and off-campus, to help to limit the spread of COVID-19 to others in the community. I will act in the spirit of a person for others, knowing that I am helping to protect the campus community from illness.