For Students, Faculty, Staff, Guests, Alumni
Google Workspace integrates Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Sites, Groups, Meet and other Google apps into one seamless experience.
How to connect
- Click the small, grey grid in the upper right-hand corner in your Fordham Gmail account
- Log in to fordham.edu > My Apps > Global Apps > Workspace
Gmail is the official email system of Fordham University. In addition to sending email, you can text and video chat, and save important messages in folders. Access your Fordham Gmail account via gmail.fordham.edu or sign in to fordham.edu and go to My Apps.
Our Gmail page provides extensive information and helpful links for using Gmail on different devices, managing spam, creating a Corporate Gmail account, and much more.
Google Drive stores your files and lets you access them from any computer.
Access via drive.google.com or the apps menu in your Fordham Gmail account.
- Collaborate on docs with others in real time
- Create and share text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms
- Store images, PDFs and Microsoft Word and Excel files
- Access and save files directly from Gmail
Keep track of important meetings and events using Google Calendar.
Access via calendar.google.com or the apps menu in your Fordham Gmail account.
- Share your calendar with others
- Maintain multiple calendars
- Schedule time and location for events
- Add notes, reminders, and attachments to events
- Create shared calendars for groups
- Invite others to events
- Email updates to event participants
Create and share your own web pages and websites with Google Sites. Google Sites should only be used for faculty and students projects, all other web content should be within the University's content management system.
Access via sites.google.com or the apps menu in your Fordham Gmail account.
- Customize the site's appearance
- Insert maps, forms, and videos
- Embed calendars and documents
- Publish publicly or privately
Google Chat (previously called Hangouts Chat)
Includes direct messaging, group chat, and advanced features, such as threaded conversations, chat bots, and powerful search.
Google Meet (previously called Hangouts Meet)
Includes high-fidelity group video calls, screensharing, and live captioning. Depending on which edition of Google Workspace you have, Meet might also include advanced features, such as up to 250 participants per meeting, meeting recordings, and in-domain live streaming.
Google Groups @ Fordham is an online space where group members can hold discussions on multiple topics. For example, a group called "Careers in Business" might discuss topics such as "Internships" or "Entrepreneurship." Members post topics and reply to them. Currently, only faculty and staff can create a Group. Students may be invited to join the group. You must agree to the Terms of Service before using the app.
Access via groups.google.com or the apps menu in your Fordham Gmail account.
- Can be public or private
- Group owner must have a fordham.edu Gmail address; non-Fordham Gmail users may be invited to participate
- Effective way to bypass email and conduct a conversation with multiple people
Google's resources to help you get started with Google Workspace using assistive technology.
Google Assignment integrates with your Blackboard courses. Use it to make Google Docs and Drive compatible with Blackboard and manage assignments with Google Workspace tools. To use, navigate to a content area within your Blackboard course and under tools select the "Google Course Kit Assignment Tool."
Information Technology Staff offer monthly workshops on Google Workspace, including
Google Workspace for Faculty and Staff Get an overview of Google's core apps and learn how they're integrated to support your teaching and administrative activities.
New Employee Technology Orientation (NETO) An introduction to Fordham University's technology resources, including Google Workspace.
University Policy for Google Workspace
Use of any other Google Workspace apps with your Fordham account is governed by the Extensions and Application Auxiliary Services policy.