What to do in an EMERGENCY

What to do in an EMERGENCY

An alcohol or drug emergency is a situation in which you believe that a student’s possible use of alcohol or other substance may put that student or others at risk for
harm or injury.

If you are with the student, DO NOT leave the student alone or let him/her leave. Contact us immediately.

Contact the dean of students (during business hours) the Public Safety supervisor (after hours or over weekends) and clearly state that you need to report a ALCOHOL/
SUBSTANCE ABUSE EMERGENCY. The dean of students or a member of the staff will respond directly to you. You may also walk the student to the offices below.

Staff in these offices are trained to find a professional who will assist immediately.

Faculty members should follow these procedures even if the student’s behaviors ambiguous.

How to Contact Us

During business hours:

Call the Office of the Dean of Students/Student Affairs

Rose Hill and Calder Center
9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
McShane Campus Center, Room 255

Lincoln Center and Westchester
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
140 West 62nd, Room G-33

After hours and on weekends:

Call Public Safety
(If forwarded to front desk, ask to speak to the supervisor)

Rose Hill
5 p.m. - 9 a.m.

Lincoln Center
6 p.m. - 10 a.m.

6 p.m. - 10 a.m.