Who Can Drive Ram Van
To drive University vehicles, you must meet specific insurance and eligibility requirements.
Insurance and Eligibility Requirements
1. Be licensed for over one year.
2. No more than one accident or moving violation on your driving record.
3. No reckless driving charge, license suspension for any reason, speeding 25 miles per hour or more above the speed limit, DUI, or DWI. Any of these will automatically disqualify you.
4. No medical restrictions, as defined under Article 19-A of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law (any medical conditions that would cause loss of consciousness, vision, or ability to operate a vehicle safely while carrying passengers).
5. No student should be pressured to complete certification. Any student who feels placed in this situation should contact a DUT administrator before moving forward with the certification process.