Driver Certification Process
If you have determined you are eligible to apply for certification, begin the process by completing the following steps. All steps below must be completed before driving 15-passenger vehicles without administrator supervision.
Please be aware that this process takes time, and the Department of University Transportation may not be able to schedule appointments immediately for road tests. We recommend beginning the process at least one month before you need to drive:
1. Read the Driver Certification Procedure to ensure you meet the requirements.
2. Complete the online Driver Certification Application. Please DO NOT submit this application again if you have already submitted one in the past. Instead, email [email protected] to renew or follow up with your previous application. Note that this form requires you to upload clear and readable photos of the front and back of your Driver's License. A department representative will contact you in 3-5 business days regarding your application.
3. Once the online form has been completed and your driving record obtained, an administrator will contact you to schedule a written exam and road test. The exam is based on the New York DMV driving certification exam. Sample exams can be found on this site.
4. Print out a copy of the Department of Motor Vehicle Medical Condition Examination Form and fill out the top portion. Then schedule an appointment with the University Health Center or your doctor and have them complete the rest of the form. All completed physical forms must be on file with the Fordham University Health Center.
5. Following the successful completion of both the written and road portions of the exam, you will be required to complete an online Defensive Driving Course (DDC) within one week. An access code will be provided by the administrator conducting your examination.