Major Requirements for International Studies
The International Studies Major requires 11 courses in the following 3 areas:
- The Major Core (5 courses)
- Elective Track (6 courses)
- Language Requirement (2 courses)
The Major Core - 5 courses
There are 5 categories that make up, which are:
- Introduction to the Major
- International Politics and Law
- International Economics and Political Economy
- Contemporary World History and Culture
- Senior Thesis Project (Senior Year, Fall Semester)
Elective Track - 6 courses
In addition, you will choose one of 2 specializations for further study: International or Regional Tracks.
Learn more about the Elective Tracks.
Language Requirement - 2 courses
Students must take 2 additional language courses beyond the Fordham Core Language Requirement.
Learn more about the Language Requirement.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the major requirements.