Parents' Leadership Council (PLC)
A little Story...
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health and high spirits. As co-chairs of the Parents' Leadership Council, we extend a heartfelt welcome to you and your child as you join our "Ramily."
It was not too long ago, in the summer of 2021, when our son, Sean, now a rising junior in the Gabelli School of Business, was taking his first steps to becoming a Ram. As Steve himself is a Fordham graduate, we were so thrilled to see the journey that our son would take in this special place. Today, we believe that Sean's transformation-his maturity and academic growth-is attributable to his coursework, faculty, classmates, and overall participation in Fordham's community.
We believe that education is truly a collaborative effort. We recognize the invaluable role that parents and loved ones play in their student's educational journey, and we invite you to become more deeply involved in the Fordham community.
Please consider joining the Parents' Leadership Council. There are endless opportunities for involvement, including serving as a parent ambassador; mentoring students; attending parent, professional, and networking events; cheering at games; or making a philanthropic contribution that will improve the Fordham experience for all Rams and continue the long tradition of family support at our University. We have much to cheer about, notably our football and basketball teams' recent success, improvements to our cafeteria and food services, and Fordham's accomplished school rankings.
Once again, we extend a warm welcome to you and your child. We are elated that you have joined the Ramily, and we look forward to forging a meaningful partnership that will contribute to your student's success. Wishing you a fantastic year filled with growth, joy, and memorable experiences!
With Fordham Family Pride,
Claudine and Steve (GABELLI '95) Raineri, PAR '25
Once again, we extend a warm welcome to you and your child. We are elated that you have joined the Ramily, and we look foward to forging a meaningful partnership that will contribute to your student's success. Wishing you a fantastic year filled with growth, joy, and memorable experiences!- Claudine and Steve (Gabelli '95) Raineri, PAR '25
Another story from a PLC Vice Chair...
As we witnessed our daughter’s immediate engagement at Fordham, we were inspired to become likewise so engaged. As she was expanding her knowledge, and connecting to students and faculty from all over the world, we wanted to do more than just witness it, we wanted to be a part of it. The way we chose to get more involved was through the Parents Leadership Council. We love supporting Fordham by contributing beyond tuition and spreading the word about this inspiring institution we are now a part of.
Holly Haire PAR’26
Parents' Leadership Council
Parents' Leadership Council members seek to deepen their connection to the Fordham community and other parents through philanthropy and involvement, making an immediate and long-term impact on the student experience. Members of the council:
Partner with the Career Center to mentor and help identify career opportunities for students and graduates, from internship positions to employment
Leverage corporate and personal relationships to enhance opportunities for students
Share the University's mission and values while encouraging other families to join the council and championing Fordham in your local community
Attend or host Fordham receptions, dinners, lectures, and other gatherings in your community and on campus
Give Make a minimum annual gift of $5,000 and consider a major contribution during your tenure on the council
Attend at least one of two council gatherings per academic year, where you will get the opportunity to engage with senior leadership on important topics affecting students
The Parents’ Leadership Council (PLC) offers parents and family members the opportunity to lead, serve, and give through Fordham. Each calendar year, PLC members have the opportunity to participate in the following events:
- Two on-campus PLC gatherings to hear from University leadership, cheer on athletics teams, and build community with fellow Fordham families
- The President's Club Christmas Reception
- The Professional’s Perspective Panel with the Career Center
- The Fordham Women’s Summit
- The Annual Fordham Founder’s Dinner
- Exclusive virtual events with University leadership
- Regional Events and Summer Send-Offs
- An exclusive reception before Commencement
- And more!
- The Fordham Parent Fund to assist the area of Student Life and Services including the Career Center
- The Parents’ Leadership Council Endowed Scholarship Fund which currently supports three students with financial need annually
- The Fordham Fund or Fordham Fund Scholarships which provide immediate financial assistance to students
- The Deans’ Nonrestrictive Funds of Fordham College and the Gabelli School
- To provide the most up to date information, our members receive access to senior leadership through in person events and live webinars
- Monthly communication from the Office of Parent & Family Philanthropy
- Personalized experiences arranged through DAUR
- Slack Channel exclusive to PLC members to ask questions and grow connections
- The ability to create and form long lasting friendships with Fordham families
Please consider joining the Parents' Leadership Council. There are endless opportunities for involvement, including serving as a parent ambassador; mentoring students; attending parent, professional, and networking events; cheering at games; or making philanthropic contribution that will improve the Fordham experience for all Rams and continue the long tradition of family support at our University. We have much to cheer, notably our football and basketball teams' recent success. Improvements to our cafeteria and food services, and Fordham's accomplished school rankings.
If you are interested in learning more or would like to join the Parents' Leadership Council, please contact Kathryn Mandalakis, Senior Assistant Director, Parent and Family Philanthropy, at [email protected] or (646) 868-4225.