Free ChemBioDraw Ultra Software
ChemBioDraw Ultra 12.0
Now available at no cost to all Fordham students/faculty/staff:
“ChemBioDraw is the sole chemical and biological drawing suite required for the serious life science professional, containing advanced prediction tools and full Web integration using the ChemBioDraw ActiveX/Plugin. Features include proton NMR with peak splitting and highlighting, amino acid and DNA sequence tools, TLC plate drawing tool, Structure-to-Name, ISIS/Draw mode and stoichiometric analysis.”
The license is for both the Windows and Mac versions of the software. Please note that the Mac version does not contain some features that are available in the Windows version (such as Chem3D Pro and E-Notebook Pro). See details about the software (including manuals, system requirements, etc.).
The site license permits anyone with a valid @fordham.edu email account to download, install and use the software during the period of the license. All those eligible under the license can obtain a unique serial number that allows them to use the software on any of their computers: at the office, in a laboratory, or at home. Three activations are allowed per serial number; however, further activations can be obtained by sending a request to CambridgeSoft’s customer service department.
Follow the procedure below to download copies of the software.
- Go to Fordham's site license page at CambridgeSoft.
- Enter your Fordham email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and click on the SUBMIT button.
- Download the software installer for your operating system (Windows or Mac) and save it to your computer.
- Wait about 15 minutes for your unique serial numbers to be generated.
- Go to CambridgeSoft.
- If you have not yet set up a CambridgeSoft account, create one using your Fordham email address as the account name.
- Click on the Login button and log into your CambridgeSoft account.
- Click on the "My Downloads" link under the "Services" heading on the right.
- Your serial numbers for both Windows and Mac should appear in the list. Use the codes for installation and registration.
- An email will also be forwarded to you containing the serial numbers, but it may take a day or more for the email to arrive.
- Run the installer you downloaded in step 3 and follow the instructions to install using the serial numbers provided to you.
- When you start installing your CambridgeSoft software, you will be asked to activate. If you wish to activate at a later time you can chose to "Activate Later". View detailed activation instructions.
- Requests for technical support can be directed to email@example.com, or go to their support page.
CambridgeSoft User Account