Competition Law Institute
For 45 years, the Fordham Competition Law Institute has presented the annual International Antitrust Law and Policy Conference, which is widely recognized as one of the premier events in the field.
45th Annual Conference on International Antitrust Law
and Policy + Antitrust Economics Workshop
5 – 7 September 2018
ANTITRUST ECONOMICS WORKSHOP
Wednesday, 5 September 2018
9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The workshop features economic experts and leading antitrust practitioners speaking on key topics and include a networking luncheon. Details to be announced.
Thursday – Friday, 6 – 7 September 2018
Day 1 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., reception immediately following
Day 2 | 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Join antitrust agency heads, senior officials from antitrust authorities, leading attorneys from law firms and in-house legal departments, academics, and students of competition law from around the globe for one of the premier international conferences in antitrust law and policy. This year's panel discussions will address antitrust and populism, merger enforcement around the globe, emerging issues in competition law and health care, vertical restraints, and managing multijurisdictional risks and issues. A networking luncheon and reception take place on Thursday.
• Makan Delrahim, U.S. Department of Justice
• Johannes Laitenberger, European Commission
• Andrea Coscelli, Competition and Markets Authority (UK)
• Maureen Ohlhausen, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
• William Kovacic, GW Law
• Jean-François Bellis, Van Bael & Bellis
• John Blood, AB InBev
• Fiona Carlin, Baker McKenzie
• John Davies, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
• Isabelle de Silva, Autorité de la Concurrence, France
• Debbie Feinstein, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP
• Eleanor M. Fox, NYU School of Law
• Hon. Douglas H. Ginsburg, United States Court of Appeals, District of COlumbia Circuit
• Scott Hemphill, NYU School of Law
• D. Bruce Hoffman, U.S. Federal Trade Commission
• Herbert Hovenkamp, University of Pennsylvania Law School
• Jonathan Jacobson, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
• Gail Levine, Uber
• Carles Esteva Mosso, European Commission
• Andreas Mundt, Bundeskartellamt
• Alejandra Palacios, Mexican Federal Economic Competition Commission
• Sharis Pozen, General Electric
• Carl Shapiro, University of California at Berkeley
• Howard Shelanski, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
• D. Daniel Sokol, University of Florida
• Joseph E. Stiglitz, Columbia University
• Steven C. Sunshine, Skadden
• Nils Wahls, Court of Justice of the European Union
CLE credits are approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Board for transitional and nontransitional professional practice credit, as detailed below.
- Conference: maximum of 10.5 credit hours
- Antitrust Economics Workshop: maximum of 4.5 credit hours
General Attorneys + Professionals
- Conference only: $1500
- Antitrust Economics Workshop only: $500
- Combo -- Conference + Economics Workshop: $1750
Government Employees + Academics
- Conference only: $500
- Antitrust Economics Workshop only: $100
- Combo -- Conference + Economics Workshop: $550
In-House Counsel + Newly Admitted Attorneys
For more information about the 2018 events, please email the conference staff.